Sunday, July 22, 2007

An Evening Hunt

Since a little HauntHunter had to be picked up from the GC145EY location at 6pm, we reserved our strength for the evening. Actually, Mr. HH rested up, I planned waymarks since there's still a gabillion left to make in this area, and we tended to the necessary errands.

After we were done in south Punta Gorda, we found:
  • Oh Boy! Jets with Killer Power (GCN55N) - Once we found the right road behind the airport, since the map was really not helpful with that, we got this one in no time at all. In fact, I just walked up to it. I spent more time inspecting a large plastic bag thrown in the area to make sure there was nothing inappropriate in it.
  • East Coast A-10 Starrs Rock! (GC11MFK) - Off-roading in a minivan! This was fun to drive up to. We grabbed a US Geocoin out of it and left a toy. While the coin is very pretty and shiney, I still don't understand why people want to keep these things. They have no value once they're taken out of play.

  • Watch out for the Public 2 (GC10M10) - Mr. HH picked this up on a whim while the little HauntHunter and I were getting milk. 3birdfamily has really done up a cute series of park & grabs.

  • Tour de Smiles #1 - The Depot (GCMRPW) - I've known where this one has been for over a year and just never had the chance to stop and get it. Plus, I'm a big chicken when it comes to stealth-required searches all by myself. With Mr. HH with me, we got this one done, no GPS required. The log was soaked! It seems to be the protocol here that you write a regular "TFTC" type log and then email the cache owners with any problems. So, I did this in this way this time.

It was nice not to have any disappointments (i.e. DNF) this time. We found every one we went after, even the ones on a whim. They were all listed as Difficulty 2 and below, but I'm still very happy.

None of the murals have been waymarked in downtown Punta Gorda, not even the mural that a cache is hid under. There's several spots besides those that also should be waymarked. Only one statue has been waymarked so far. It's a shame but I'm happy to do it so it's done. It'll just take a day. It's a 2-mile walk, if you walk, to tour all the murals that are left after Hurricane Charley. Learn more about the Punta Gorda murals [here].

Bob_and_Kath got the FTF on our History Park hide this morning and found a few more of our hides. It's a good feeling when people find your hides. We have to head out to protect one cache with a baggy. I forgot about that today!

- Mrs. HH

No comments: